Tuesday, November 29, 2011

August 2011 garden update

The garden kept me extremely busy all summer long. Here's what it looked like in August.
First off the goats are growing. For a couple of days we put them over in a different pasture to see if they would eat the weeds down so we wouldn't have to buy so much food for them. Agnus and Francis didn't like the dried weeds so back to the other pen for them.
Picture taken from the front yard.

I love seeing the kids out picking in the garden. People kids not goat kids.
A closer view.


Rachel is showing off some veggies picked that I grew.

Jovie and Mae enjoying the garden by picking some pretty purple chive flowers.

I got a kick out of this picture of Owen. He looks like a gentle giant going through the forest garden of Acorn squash and yellow squash plants.

A deformed cucumber and carrot were funny looking but still tasted good. I'm glad the carrot didn't get up and walk away.


I'm thankful for the blessing of a garden that produces well even though the gardener doesn't  know what she's really doing. But my momma taught me how to work hard.

No comments: