Sunday, August 8, 2010

Zoo here we come!

It's been a long time since I've been to the zoo. I was itching to go but I didn't want to go by myself so I decided to take Jovie, Ainsley and April. I love seeing things again through a child's eye.
Oh wait I'm here too...
Now we can begin our journey.
Jovie decided to take a break and sit in an eagle's nest.
I thought Great Grandpa would like this picture of her sitting here on the big green tractor.
Ainsley is taking everything in stride and was being such a good girl about where ever we went or whatever we did.
See what I mean... as she is being cuddled by a lion.
Jovie and April making beautiful music together.
On our trek through the zoo we came across a cheetah. This was no ordinary cheetah mind you. This cheetah was out for blood. April's blood to be exact. The cheetah spotted us as it crossed the country side.
It came much closer and as April was standing there the cheetah jumped up on the viewing glass with his mouth opened wide and twisted his head and tried to attack April. April screamed and backed up. Jovie and I ran over to see what was wrong. He wasn't very happy he didn't succeed. He gave us he dirtiest look as he tried to come at us again.
Needless to say we got in our jeep and Jovie drove us right out of there. Whew!
I have called Jovie my little monkey because she loves to climb and is so curious about everything. She was trying to climb into the monkey cage our little monkey was.
I like the quote on this sign...
but I came to realize that how is that possible? How can you have peace and prosper with "many" cattle and children? Nope not possible. You notice cattle came first? Hmmm...
At the end of the day when the zoo was closing and as we were leaving we got a ride on an extended golf cart. She had wanted to ride the train in the zoo really bad but we weren't able too. She was so excited to ride the golf cart that we asked her if it was the best part of the day and she said "yes".  Maybe just at that moment, I'm sure she loved the zoo! I know I did!

No comments: