Friday, August 27, 2010

Discovery Bay vacation Day 4

I'm a morning person and so is Aria. We were up and about with almost everyone else still sleeping so we decided to go on a walk down on the beach. We found some cool sea shells and lots and lots of baby crabs. We also went and sat on the dock for a bit. I love the self timer on my camera or I wouldn't be in very many pictures.
Forks Washington, home of Bella and the Cullen's. Ok so call us silly but being so close to Forks which is the location of one of our favorite book series we couldn't resist the urge to go there. Which in reality their isn't much there but hey we can say "been there, done that" and won't need to do it again. I can tell you though that Stephanie Myers did Forks a huge service by choosing their city to locate her books. That city has made it into a tourist stop for sure. Larry talked to someone and they said that over 43,000 people have visited Forks so far in 2010. Crazy huh? So what did we do in Forks? Not much but let me tell you anyway...
We went to a few of the stores to see the merchandise. I got me a fun pair of lounge pants, they're black and it has "Bite Me" on the rear end and the word Forks on the front of one of the legs. Fun huh?
Then we went on a hunt to find Bella's truck. Which isn't really her truck as in the movie but her name is on the front license plate.
I think Jovie and Clara were most excited to be out of their car seats.
Doesn't Bella look mad that I'm having my picture taken with Edward?
Of course Edward doesn't seem all that thrilled either.
I just had to have my picture taken with Jacob too. I want to clarify that Jacob's cardboard cutout was actually falling over when April took the picture. That's why I was holding on to it. 
We found Dr. Cullens parking spot. See what did I tell you this town really is playing up the tourist draw.
La push, home of Jacob, was our next stop which was really nice since we went to the beach. Good thing we aren't vampires.
Jovie and Clara were ready to take off on a hike of their own.
Ooops, we better pray first. *wink*
I want to introduce you to our 11th grandchild. I'm looking forward to meeting "him" and getting to know and love "him". Sending positive "him" thoughts for Misty. The baby is due April 4th and so Misty is about 7-8 weeks along in this picture. Misty is the happy (and not feeling well) momma.
Beautiful girls up on this log at First Beach.
I wanted to share this picture of the view from the Beach.
Nathan and Misty hugging away. Misty had been waiting to get to La Push all day.
I sure love Larry! He's my Jacob. Larry and David were such good sports going with us today. Thanks guys!
The day is done, the day was fun, now to go back home to bed to get up for another one.

No comments: