Friday, August 27, 2010

Discovery Bay vacation Day 7

The last day of vacation is always one with mixed feelings. We were having a good time and enjoyed the time away from all of our responsibilities but on the other hand we needed to get back to those responsibilites in which we knew we were going to have a lot to catch up on. Our last day was spent doing just a teeny bit of shopping in Port Townsend. Christmathanks is only 2 monhs away.  Plus we went golfing again in Port Townsend this time. The first 9 holes were pretty good in the fact that I got 2 birdies!!! Yes, that's right I got 2 birdies on the 8th and 9th hole. In fact on the 8th hole is was almost a hole in one!!! I could have been finished right then and been happy but noooooo we had to play 18 holes. The last 9 holes I felt like I was on a hiking trip with my golf clubs on my back. We climbed and climbed up to the 10th hole. This is the view from the 12 hole. Larry is putting his ball in.
I'm going through my routine and lining up my shot.
After 18 holes hiking around the narrow course in the mountains that ate several of my balls I was saying whew! Larry said "Quoting someone I know and love, I'm glad I did it." He was quoting me after the bike ride. Funny haha...
Sitting on the dock of the bay watching the sea gulls fly away...
reminded me of Larry writing in my annual back in 1975
"Linda, Well it's been a good year. I had a real good time. But you made it even better after I was out of school. You even made it bearable in the hospital. I have a real good time when I'm with you ya know. If you would hurry up and get out of school then you cuold go to the river with me and I could teach you how to water ski. And we could get burned to a crisp together. And we can watch Johnathan Livingston Seagull fly around doing his thing. So you hang in there and keep on looking beautiful you hear. Love, Larry
p.s. Don't do too much flirting at school. And you'd better be at graduation or I'll give you a chance to use your self-defense".
Cute huh? His writing has improved over the 30 + years *wink*.
After riding 34 miles on my bike and golfing 36 holes I felt it would be ok to go to one of the hot spots around Discovery Bay and eat the famous hamburger, a Smitty's burger. This is what greeted us as we walked into the joint. Dollars, dollars everywhere.
Believe it or not Larry and I both ordered the hamburger.
I could only eat 1/2 but it was very tasty! Larry finished it the next day for breakfast.


We were a good exhausted as we finished up our week.
Hi Ho it's back to home we go!

2 comments:

Pemberton Family said...

Well this was so fun to read. I love that you posted for each day. Looks a fun and relaxing place to vacation. Great job on the bike ride and I love that you are golfing with Larry. Dave always asks me if I will golf with him when the kids are older, I guess I will have to follow your example.:)

moxie mama said...

oh man that burger looks delicious! that's cute what dad wrote in your yearbook...