Friday, August 27, 2010

Discovery Bay vacation Day 5

On Wednesday April, her two girls, Misty, David and their kids were leaving this day to go back to their home. I am really happy that they were able to come and spend some time and have adventures with Papa J and I. It was low tide before they had to leave so we climbed over the deck banister and down the rocks to the beach right outside our condo to do some exploring. We found lots and lots of baby crabs under the rocks. Jovie and Clara wasn't too thrilled about it. In the Marine center we went to the other day the kids were told over and over again to not put their hands in the crab exhibit because the crabs would pinch their fingers really really hard. It was a lesson that they remembered. Jovie started running away.
Clara would have if her dad wasn't holding her.
Aria and Gabe found a safe way to hold the little crabs to get up close and personal with them.

David says "Look kids a star fish!" Cool!!! Nathan is liking it more than Clara is I do believe.
Grandma J isn't afraid to pick up the starfish.
Jovie is being so brave to come over and touch it.
We had to say our goodbye's and prayed for them to all make it home safely but for Larry and I the day was just beginning. I wish the time would have allowed us to take the kids to the next activity Larry and I went too but it just didn't work out.  We drove through a game farm and saw Lion's and Tiger's and Bear's oh my plus lots more.
Llama
The Yak's had the system down. See car with open window, watch Yak walk quickly to open window, watch Yak with bad breath grab a piece of bread from nice lady and man through the open window.
The Yak's were surrounding the car.
The bears were behind low fences still pretty accessible. We threw them bread and they picked it up with their long, sharp claws and ate it.
I can't remember what this one is called and I threw away my brochure. I thought she was cute the way she was staring at me especially with the fly on her nose. Wanting bread most likely.
The elk were so majestic looking.
We weren't allowed to feed the elk or the buffalo bread. That doesn't mean that they didn't try and come to take some from us anyway. My heart started racing when the buffalo started sticking their head in the car. Scary!
I got the window rolled up in time when another one tried to do it. In fact I had to keep rolling up and down the window. Scary eyes.
I liked the ones that didn't come over to the car.
I'm glad we went but now it's time to do one of Larry's favorite things. Yep, you guessed it.
Golf in Sequim, WA. This picture is us after we played 18 holes.  
A busy but enjoyable day was had. Stay tuned for Day 6. I know I am.

No comments: