Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Our Humming birds are back!

Our Humming birds are coming back! For those of you who know know me well - know that I love Humming birds. Several years ago I put up a feeder and then another and another. I put up (as of now) 1 medium and 3 large feeders and we attract somewhere around 50 or more Humming birds. If I wanted I could put up more feeders and attract more Humming birds but that would be A LOT of sugar and time. When all the birds are here I need to fill the feeders almost every day. In fact we can stand with our hands around the feeder and the Humming birds will land on your hand and feed out of the feeder. When they flutter over your hand while they are eating your hand gets really cold with the fast moving wind.

I spy a Humming bird on something red. Can you see it? The thing it's on is a Humming bird spinner.


We get all sorts of different colored Humming birds visiting. I think they are pretty!




PS. Misty I'm sure these don't follow the rule of thirds. I wasn't sure how to do that with the whole spinner and I felt lucky to get a shot of the Humming bird in one spot. lol

4 comments:

Misty said...

They're very pretty! I like the orange one a lot. When I took pics of them a couple years ago there weren't very many colorful ones.

Linda said...

The more colorful ones come the first month or so and then they must go somewhere else. ???

The Mac Attack said...

Maybe they are more colorfull at the beginning of the season then the end? Someone look it up.

Sharon said...

Even if they're not colorful; i like to see them anyway!*S* nice photos!