Monday, April 7, 2008

Mexican Riviera Day 1 (March 30th)

Well we're back from a great relaxing cruise vacation. Relaxing because it's the only vacation where I don't have to cook or clean. We even took enough clothes so I wouldn't have to do laundry. I thought I'd post each day so I don't get overwhelmed on what I should talk about. We flew to San Diego on Saturday so their wouldn't be any mishaps of maybe missing our flights and thus missing the ship.

Here we are right before boarding the Dawn Princess. It's the same ship we were on when we took an Alaskan cruise. They take pictures of you all through out the cruise but they are expensive. So I took a picture of the picture. Michael and his cousin Andrew are behind us. How exciting we are finally on our way!


This is what our room looked liked. At first we thought we had the wrong room because their were only 2 beds and 4 people. We were happy to find out that 2 beds dropped down from the ceiling. It was a room we used mainly for sleeping. I was excited that our room and bathroom were cleaned twice a day for us. In the evening the steward turned down our beds and put a piece of chocolate on our pillow. What the life.




The food on the ship is never ending. Larry, Michael and Andrew frequently ordered more than one meal at dinner. Dinner also consisted of 5 courses if you wanted it. Appetizers,soup,salad,dinner and dessert. Did I mention that frequently the boys ordered more than one dessert too? We were also able to eat at a 24 hour buffett/restaurant, a pizza place (which had the best pizza's ever) a hamburger grill place and in the dining room for breakfast and lunch if we wanted. We bought for the ship card a sticker that allowed you to drink all the pop you wanted for the entire cruise. That was also taken advantage of. I confess I would have a Shirley temple every now and then.
I ordered a Salmon and caper appetizer the first night. This is how it looked when it came, I was surprised...
Raw

Well I decided to be brave and eat some believe it or not. I had Larry take a picture because I don't think anyone would have believed me.


Well the ship is on it's way to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

6 comments:

The Mac Attack said...

I cant believe you ate that mom sick! I dont think i would have done it. Looks like a good first day. I cant waite to read about the rest.

moxie mama said...

ok rachel took all my words! All I can say is ditto or is it dido..?..i'm pretty sure its ditto.

The Buck's said...

You are a very brave woman to eat that raw fish! I don't think I could have done it! I'm glad that you had a great time on your cruise.

Devyn said...

wow.. the fish looks really pretty on the plate! but no thanks, i dont think i would eat it. maybe i would have tried it like you though.

Misty said...

Yeah, that's gross. And Shirley Temples are yummy! I would have gotten those all the time! Can't wait to see more pictures!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sis
It is so nice to just go to your Blog and catch up one all of your family news. Aaron would be so proud of you eating raw fish
Love your Birthday Sis