Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Mexican Riviera Day 3

We awoke right off the Cabo coast this morning. We were to meet for our tour to go snorkeling at 8:00am. Michael and Andrew had room service for breakfast so they could sleep as long as possible.

Here is a view of a part of Cabo.


The ship couldn't dock right at the pier so we had to be tendered to the shore. We road in the life boats.


We met our tour guide and got on the catamaran that was to take us snorkeling in The Chiliano Bay. It was a nice boat. We took some pictures of us along the way. All the yellow stickers on us have the number of the tour we were on. Looks silly I know.


This is a famous area I guess around there called the Hole in the Rock. Pirates used to hide their boats among these rocks.


Here I am pretending I am Misty. Taking a different angle on a photo. What do you think Misty?


The outfit I'm wearing Misty gave to me but I not sure if I tied the pants right. You'll have to show me again Misty.


After an hour of riding in the boat we got to our snorkeling place. We snorkled among these rocks and saw colorful fish, octopus, puffer fish, striped fish and Michael saw a big black one with big lips. It was fun. We stayed in the water about an hour I think. We had on life jackets with a little air in them so we could float and see the fish at the same time.


Getting ready.


Dad


Michael


Me (Linda) By the way. Anytime my picture was taken I had to ask someone to do it. Go figure.


After snorkeling when we got back in the boat we had to be hosed off. I'm sure it was for sanitary reasons. The boat we were on was a clean boat so that was nice. It was still pretty funny I thought.


Michael was so sun burned he wanted to wear my hat and didn't even care what he looked like.


After snorkeling we went back and had lunch and then came back onto shore to stroll the shops that were set up all along the way. Boy was that an experience. We received some good advice from our son-in-law David to take small bills like 1's and 5's and to not let them know you have more. The boys would even spread their money out in different pockets so when one pocket was empty that was all they had. The first day of bartering for us got our feet wet for the next two days in ports. Michael and Larry began to enjoy it and found it to be some sort of game. Anderew was more timid at it. You walk down the street and if you look at something more than a second the Mexican vendors were right in your face trying to talk you into buying it. Their was this one necklace that was pretty (but you know it's not the real silver) that several vendors were selling we found out. The price they were asking ranged from $10.00 to $100.00. Larry decided he wanted to buy it but not for more than $5.00. Through the course of the afternoon Andrew bought one for $12.00, Michael bought one for $7.00 and in the end Larry did buy one for $5.00. These guys chased you down the street and would not leave you alone. Here are few pictures of the bartering taking place.



The necklace the vendor is holding up is the one all three boys bought.




Sometimes more than one at a time would descend on you.


Here is picture of the boardwalk where we walked and bartered. BLue sky and warm.


This last picture is right before we got back on the ship. The ship was to sail soon on it's way to Mazatlan, Mexico. Do you notice how Michael is dressed? He bought himself a Sombrero that would cover his face and neck and he was wearing a long sleeve shirt because his arms and shoulders hurt so bad from the sunburn. He would also walk quickly from shade to shade. I think he learned (once again, I hope) to put on sunscreen.


Even though we are back on the ship the day is long from over. We dress for dinner (where we were eating our dinners we had an assigned table and waiters and the dress each night except for formal was smart casual) and then after dinner we attend a comedy show and then a singer that was pretty good. He performs in Las Vegas. Is the day over yet? No, because Larry wants to go check out the buffet...

Did I tell you we get our bed turned down and chocolate on our pillows? What the life.

4 comments:

Sandi said...

I loved reading about your vacation. Crusies are the best because as you said you truly do get to vacation especially as a mom. I have to agree with the others bloggers about the raw fish even though I am to chicken to even try it. I would love to go on another cruise, they are a blast. Looks like you had a GREAT time. Thanks for sharing.

The Mac Attack said...

I want one of those hats that Michael bought. Wear your sunscreen dude and you'll be much happier!! Day 3 looks like just as much fun as the first 2. Im gonna be sad when your done blogging your trip. Check out my blog lots of new stuff.

Misty said...

Good job on the pictures of the sail! I like them!

The Buck's said...

Your blog is making me want to tell Kevin that our next vacation will be on a cruise ship! Must have been nice to be in the sun while those of us here in Spokane were freezing with the snow, rain, and hail. :) Can't wait to hear about more of your vacation!