Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Mexican Riviera Day 2

We spent all day at Sea today on our way to Cabo. Larry took adavantage of the pool and I took advantage of the excercise room to run in. This is the view I saw when I ran. The boat would rock and so it was an adventure to not fall over sometimes.


Dad found a golf simulator on board. He actually went through withdrawals not being able to actually golf for a week. He could have golfed but it would have cost way too much. All 4 of us actually took a turn at hitting golf balls in the simulator. We even took a free golf clinic and learned some fundamentals. It was fun because when we were hitting balls in the simulator I would step behind my ball to line it up because it's a habit I have before I hit the ball. The pro golf instructor brought up how I did that in his clinic and that everyone should do that. It made me feel good.


The cruise not only had all the food you could eat but they also make food into art.
Larry and I went to watch a demonstration on fruit carving and flower arranging. Actually I wanted to see it and Larry just came with me. Here are some of the creations.








I took advantage of the sun and actually laid out on the deck in my swim suit and no I don't have a picture of that. I loved feeling the warmth of the sun on my skin. I did take a picture of Larry though as he laid on the deck in the sun. Oooops did I say sun I mean the shade as he read his book. Oh did I say he was reading his book? Look close you tell me what he was doing.


Michael joined the volleyball game that started in one of the pools and played for several hours. He received a really good burn between volleyball and falling asleep in the lounge chair. Andrew found the arcade room while Michael was playing volleyball.






Tonight was one of the formal nights for the cruise so we all got dressed up for dinner and the shows or dancing we attended in the evening. It was fun to get to all dressed up for the evening. In real life you don't get to do that very often. Here's a couple of pictures of us all dressed up. Rachel check out the curly pieces of hair in the front, I did that with my straight iron.





Our room steward would leave us different animals in our room almost each night. It was fun to go in and see what we had. Did I mention we got chocolate on our pillow?
What the life.


I forgot to put this picture in yesterdays blog. Everyone on the ship had to go to our Muster station before we set sail to receive instructions on what we should do if we had an emergency and had to vacate the ship. We were told to get the life jackets from our room and meet in our Muster station. We grabbed our life jackets and went when we heard the alarm. Larry and Andrew I don't think would have stayed afloat to long with the child life jackets they had.



Tomorrow we awake in Cabo.

4 comments:

The Mac Attack said...

The face carving is for sure creapy. Good thing Dad and Andrew didn't have to use their life jackets. Can't waite for CABO!!!

Misty said...

Good thing Dad found something golf-ish to do. And Dave says maybe he was just "blinking" in that picture of him sleeping with the book. (haha)

The Mac Attack said...

Did I mention that Michael is smoking HOT!!! Well now I did. You better tell him I know it will make him feel good!

Linda said...

That is funny David about the "blinking". LOL. I didn't even think of that.
And Rach I'll tell Michael you said he's hot or better yet maybe I'll tell him you left him a message on my blog. :)