Monday, May 12, 2008

Clarissa Lily Alger is here!

Clarissa was born on May 4th, 2008 at 2:23am. She was 9lbs 10 ounces and 21 inches long.


David calls me right before 2:00am and lets me know Misty is in labor. It was a fast labor and they didn't really believe it themselves until the midwife got there and confirmed that Misty was dialated. The labor pains started around 11:00pm and so I wouldn't have made it anyway even if they called right away. She was having contractions the day before and they had stopped after a couple of hours. So they didn't want to call me unless they knew for sure because they didn't want me to drive all the way for a false alarm. By the time I got dressed and my suitcases loaded in the car I left around 2:30am. I received a text message about 3:30am letting me know she had been born at 2:23am, before I even left the house.

I got to Misty's house and was grateful the door was unlocked. I walked in and up to the bedroom and what a site to behold... Misty holding her new baby, Aria and Gabe both sprawled out on her bed asleep along with David who was also asleep on the bed. It was like it was a normal evening at the Alger house. Misty was awake and I immediately got to hold Clara and of course had to have a picture taken. Clara had the cutest chubbiest cheeks and double chin I ever saw on a baby.


After I held her for awhile and talked to Misty about how her labor and delivery went (check out her website for the details) I started moving the kids to their own beds. Aria woke up though and stayed up with us for awhile. She was sooooo excited her baby sister was here. She had awaken during the labor but her daddy took her downstairs to watch a movie but as soon as Clara was born David went to get Aria and Aria came into the room and was the first sibling to see her PLUS Aria got to cut the cord. As you can see she wasn't in the sleeping mode.


Our family is happy Clara is here! I was able to stay until the following Sunday to help out Misty while hopefully she got some rest from the hard work of labor and delivery. She did a great job and was able to have the labor and delivery she was hoping for. I'm happy for her.
On Sunday evening Rachel, Sean and Mae came to visit and it was adorable to see Mae's reaction to Clara. BTW Rach I healed your knee lol.


Here are a couple pictures of Gabe and Aria with Clara. I didn't get one of Nathan with Clara but his mom did. I'll have to get it from her. Speaking of Nathan and Gabe they go to bed Saturday night and the next morning they wake up and their is a new baby in the family.






I got to watch Mae one day and I thought I'd introduce her to a basketball since with her projected height it may be a good sport for her one day, along with track of course:)

The week went by fast and home I went to Michael, Larry and Ruby. Michael received some new transportation while I was gone. He does wear a helmet. It's a MadAss moped. It tops at about 35 miles per hour. He going to upgrade it so it goes about 40. Saving on gas and insurance.


I also came home to the start of a fence for our garden so the animals like deer and cows can't get in to destroy it. Their was a sign on it that said Happy Mother's day!


It was a nice Mother's day. All three of my girl's are now mother's. Their is great joy in a mother's heart when she see's her own daughters become mother's and darn good ones at that.

3 comments:

Devyn said...

that is so exciting you got to be there so soon! clara is a little angel! wow three new granddaughters in the last 6 months.. so cool!!

Sharon said...

Welcome back! You've had alot going on lately. How fun for you to be in Spokane right after Clara was born. All of your new granddaughters are beautiful. I love the photo of you with the 3 of them. It looks like Larry and MIchael had fun while you were away; Michael with his new motorcycle and Larry putting up the fence!LOL

Unknown said...

Hi
It is awesome having daughters and not all boys, but I do have the next best thing and that is an awesome Daughter-in-Law.
Love from
the sis that shares your birthday