Friday, March 28, 2008

Spokane again again and Cuba Gooding Jr.

Spokane is a trip I make often it seems with two daughters and their families living there. This trip April, Jovie and I went up to attend Misty's baby shower. We left early Wednesday morning so April could get her hair cut, colored and styled by Rachel (her sister). It looks good of course:) Misty's shower was nice and it was very nice Traci her friend did this for her. I tell you what it was the best baby shower prize gifts I ever saw, gift certificates for i tunes, coldstone creamery etc, and we each got to take home a wonderful baby powder smelling candle that a women in Spokane made. Their was a note on each candle wishing that every time we light it we hope for health and happiness for baby Clarrissa. Misty also received some nice things for Clara. I forgot my camera so these are pictures that I stole from April's blog. Misty and Rachel I do want you to send me the pictures from the shower.

Here is picture of Misty, Rachel, Mae, April and Jovie at the shower.


Here is Mae and Jovie at the shower hanging out and having a good time.


ANOTHER exciting thing happened earlier in the day after we shopped a bit, treated Misty to a make over and had lunch. We were on our way back to the Salon Rachel works at and saw them filming a movie right outside of the salon with Cuba Gooding Jr. April found out the name of it was a movie with Christian Slater called Alicia's Book. It is about "a book editor from New York [who] becomes obsessed with the author of a violent novel. She soon learns secrets about his past." I'm going have to see it of course, so I can watch for the scene that we saw filmed. I hope it's not rated R.


This is supposedly his cousin standing in for Cuba while they check for lighting and measure distance. I found out that directors really hold up both hands in front of their face with their thumb and index finger shaped likes L's. They also had people in St. Patrick's day hats walking in the scene as extra's. How will that fit into the movie?


We were literally 5 feet from the vehicle he was sitting in waiting to shoot his scene.


Here is the scene we waited at least 20 minutes to see filmed. He gets out of the vehicle which has a dent in the back, stares intently and then gets back in and slams the door very convincingly.


He did look at us and smile. He did shake one little boys hand who was standing right by his SUV. April was wishing that she had gone to stand by his car so he would have talked to Jovie and her.

I'm curious how that scene shot will go smoothly into the movie. It was a fun experience you don't get to do every day.

2 comments:

moxie mama said...

you totally stole from my blog:)

Sandi said...

Fun times, it is so great to read your blog and keep up on your family. Your girls and grand kids are so cute. That is so fun that they are close in age. They are so cute together.