Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Welcome to the "Real world" Asher!

May 28th, 2012 Asher David Joseph joined our family! We are so happy he has arrived. April had made a nice warm water bed for him and so he took his sweet time arriving. He was born 16 days after his due date of May 12th. April's water broke early early Monday morning and she went into the hospital. Misty and her family came into town and she stayed with Matt and April during her labor and delivery. I was at my home taking care of the kids and waiting for news all day and then calling Misty when I couldn't wait any longer. After Asher was born and I was taking Jovie, Clara and Ainsley to see him Monday night I got into town and received a lot of text messages on my phone. Misty had been texting the progress all day to the family. I felt left out at that point. But that's OK. I was trying to help where I was needed the most. Misty got some lovely pictures which will be cherished.

Asher was 8 pounds 3 ounces and 20.5 inches long. He arrived at 7:14 pm.
He's 28 seconds old. I love the look of wonder on April's face as she meets her new born son.

Love this picture!

Jovie, Ainsley and Clara loved being able to see Asher Monday night but he hadn't been born very long and April was nursing him when we got there so we could only look. 
I was able to get a picture of April and Asher before we left.

Jovie, Ainsley and I were anxious to be able to hold Asher so we went back to visit Tuesday. I loved watching the girls faces and joy they had seeing their baby brother.

Precious.

Jovie and Asher. She whispered in his ear "Welcome to the real world".

Matt and David gave April a blessing Sunday evening and more than once Jovie said that it was such good thing mommy got a blessing. That's what Asher was waiting for was mommy to get a blessing. And she said it was a good thing that she prayed too so that he could be born. Isn't that sweet.

Ainsley's turn. Is this really ours?

Oh I love him!

Yay!!! It's finally my turn! My 12th grand baby in my arms. I am so blessed. I'm grateful that April and Asher had a safe and healthy delivery. 
Isn't he cute!

As Jovie said. "Welcome to the real world Asher."And I'm so excited to get to know who you are baby.














No comments: