Sunday, May 13, 2012

Goats. Again.

Spring had brought rain and with rain means lots of new grass. So I decided to move the goats to the pen out behind the barn during the day so they can eat all the grass down in the old dog pen. 

They didn't like it at first. Agnus and Francis like to be around people. 
They do like walking on the railroad ties and an old bathtub we have in the pen. And decided the grass was an added bonus.

Ruby loves going out with me when I walk the goats back and forth. She was trying to get a mole out of the hole. She definitely needed a bath after this one. It also seems like she tries to herd the goats back into their yard at the end of the day. Which is sometimes not a help but I appreciate the effort I guess.

The goats love to stop at the pine trees and get a snack on the way back to their goat pen.

It may take a bit of time each day to do this but we are saving money on alfalfa which is a good thing.





No comments: