Sunday, May 13, 2012

April's baby shower weekend


With April's baby coming soon it was time to host a baby shower for her. Kaylee one of April's friends helped me. I was only able to get a couple of pictures since I was busy with the food and keeping the record of what gifts came from who. Misty came for the shower so I'm hoping that she'll send a few pictures my way that she took. 
I made this tricycle for a table center piece. I thought it turned out great. It's made from diapers, socks, blankets, bibs, and a bottle.

I made a few other things with my cricut for table decorations too.

Hyrum is sitting on April wanting to get to know his cousin who will be the new baby in the family.

April got some really nice things for the baby. 
As usual we packed a lot into the day. I cooked a BBQ for us. The kids enjoyed the hot dogs. It's actually the first time I BBQ'd all the meat by myself. Not too bad of a job I did if I say so myself.
Clara is feeding Jovie for some reason. Gabe and Ainsley is in the picture too. 

April joined the group.

Misty was plugged in.

I'm not sure what it was that we had that was green unless it was avocado. Whatever it was Hyrum liked it.

Nathan wasn't too fond of me capturing him on camera. I think he's gotten good at hiding from camera's with his mom being a photographer and all. His favorite food of the weekend was Lucky Charms. Breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Papa J came home from golfing and got the 4 wheeler out. Woo Hoo! Nathan looked at the camera. Jovie and Clara along for the ride

Nathan is such a kind big brother to Hyrum.

Ainsley didn't want to be left out. Love her smile.

Papa got done mowing and took a few of the kids on a ride on the 4 wheeler.
Fun times!
Nathan even got to drive.

Gabe was hitting golf balls in Papa's private driving range waiting his turn.

Gabe's turn. Look at his smile!

Aria finally got there after spending all day with her 2nd cousin Emily so she got a ride too. It was getting pretty dark by then.

We can sure cram a lot into one day can't we? 
Plus April invited a couple of friends over in the evening and Misty did a Henna tattoo on April's belly. It's a legend that it will bring good luck to her and the baby. Late night visiting and talking. 
Family time is always a good time in my book.

















No comments: