Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Graham Cracker Houses

We've been making Graham Cracker houses just about every Christmas since Rachel was in 1st grade. After awhile we started having themes and each person in the family would contribute what they built to the theme and Santa would judge them Christmas Eve when he came and then each house received the "best of" ribbon of honor. As I was getting ready to blog the house that Michael, Jess and I made I thought it would be fun to look at some previous houses that had been made over the years.
The year - 1993 - Larry's "dream house", temple.
1993 - Misty made the nativity. I love the star.
.
1993 - Rachel made Jesus's Inn. This Inn would let him stay.
1993 - Joshua made his Dream house. Check out the cool car in the garage.
1993- April's dream house. Triple story and check out the sun roof windows.
1997 - Michael made the nativity. Looks wonderful!
1993 - I made a castle with a mote. Must have been my dream house.
I thought I'd include a few pictures of the kids making their creations.
1997 - April and Michael just being cute.
1997 - Joshua concentrating on his.
1997 - Misty and Rachel's creation in progress. Misty had already graduated from High School and Rachel was a Junior and they weren't to "Old" to make them.
I have to be honest and mention that it has been about 4 years or so since we've made them. Michael didn't seem too interested in making them without anyone else here it seemed. This year though he invited a friend over and they each made one.
I thought I had bought enough graham crackers for Jess and I to make graham cracker house the following night but nope it wasn't to be. Michael and his friend used almost all of the crackers so I decided to make gingerbread and use the molds I have to make Jess and I actual gingerbread house pieces. It was fun to make real houses. Jessica enjoyed making it.
She made a beautiful candy house. Great job Jess!
Mine is a simple gingerbread house complete with trees and a snow man. It was fun to make.
One of the things I like most out of all this is the fact that my children have started the tradition of making graham cracker house in their own homes for Christmas. Gotta love it!

1 comment:

Teresa Kauer said...

Love the old pictures! Your kids sure are talented at making "ginger bread houses"!!