Monday, June 9, 2008

My "baby" has graduated High school

It came. The day came that my youngest child graduated High School. For the last couple of months Michael has mentioned more than once that he was ready for school to be over. It's over. Believe it or not I did get teary eyed for a few moments when I realized that this chapter in my life is closed. No more of my children in the public school system. I'm not sad per say but maybe a bit nostalgic. When something like this has been a part of your life for 25 years it will be an adjustment for me. I went to bed Sunday night and I was going to turn on my alarm so I could get Michael up for school and I had to stop myself. I realized I did not have to wake up to an alarm this morning. I am no longer the mother of a student. Hey maybe that's not such a bad thing after all.

All of our family came home for the big event and it was miserable weather but the graduation was still held outside. Before graduation we wanted to have a family picture done since we grew in numbers in the last year. Larry didn't get home until almost 5:30 and Michael informed us right after that he had to be at the school at 6:00pm or else he couldn't walk. So Misty had literally 5 minutes to get the camera, umbrella's and set us up for Jill (Michael's girlfriend) to take snap the picture. It turned out pretty good if I do say so myself.


This is everyone in the family who braved the cold, rain and wind for two hours to watch Michael get his name said and handed an empty diploma cover. Pay back to Michael for him attending ALL the track meets, games and music events of his siblings. I'm glad they were there. His other two sisters couldn't take their babies out in the cold or else they would have been their too.



After graduation we got Misty and April's family and headed up to Tollgate for a weekend family reunion. More on that to come...

4 comments:

Misty said...

Aria was representing my family. :) It was a fun weekend! Even with the yucky weather.

The Buck's said...

I can't believe they still held graduation outside with the weather being that bad! Congrats to Michael!

Sharon said...

I thought about ya'll on Friday night when I was warm in my house, but I'm sure it was still a memory in the making! It was nice that your whole family was there and the cabin sounds fun. I may need to get the info from you for future reference.

The Mac Attack said...

Yeah so cold but worth it to support Michael. Love you Bud! Oh and the Cabin was a blast.