Monday, June 30, 2008

We're Baaaaack! Yep we were gone again:)

Larry and I took a week and went to Levenworth, Wa. We stayed at the Worldmark resort there. We had a great time. We might as well celebrate our 30th anniversary all year eh?

Our view out our Condo.


We brought our bikes on vacation with us and decided to go for a bike ride. We went downtown where their is an entrance for the trail on Blackbird Island. During the ride I would ask Larry want he wanted to do and he would say whatever you want. That went on for a little while and then I asked him why he kept saying that... Once upon a time a long time ago we went to the Oregon coast for one of our anniversies. We walked the boardwalk quite alot to look at all the art and different shops. Larry really does like to look at art and the unusual shops and I'm not making that up either. I had mentioned a few times while we were browsing that I thought it would be fun to go whale watching. Larry didn't take the bait and we never went whale watching. So his answer to my asking "Why do you keep saying that?" he simply said "Whale watching." Then I understood.
At first I wasn't sure if we would be able to keep ourselves busy for the whole week. What's their to do in Levenworth anyway besides shop? Lots!

We went on several bike rides in the week. Here we are on Blackbird Island.


I used the timer on the camera for this one.


I wanted to try mountain bike trail riding. I found out it is a learned skill and I need some practice before I can really do it. We did ride up Icicle Ridge mountain a little ways though. It got steeper and the trail got skinnier. Here's proof...


Larry and I also rode up Icicle Road and it was up:) It was fun though. We took several detours along the way. We stopped at a fish hatchery where beside looking at the fish there was a nice nature trail to ride on also. We stopped at a wood carving shop, farther up we browsed through a little store and kept on riding. We got to the end of the county rode where a trail head was.


Isn't it a beautiful view we saw there.


This is a novelty picture. Larry actually looking for directions on a map. LOL Sorry Larry:)


On our way down the mountain we stopped at the store where their was a yuppie type restaurant where yummy fresh food was. We shared a wonderful tasting Panini and a sample of several fresh salads. That was a lot of fun.

We also went golfing a couple of times and to a couple of different driving ranges. This is cool being able to hit your balls in the water.


This driving range was in a small city right before Levenworth and the course and range was in and around a farmers Cherry orchard.


We also went miniature golfing. I love these kind of courses for miniature golf. I won!


Later in the week the Truscotts, Broadheads and Jim Munger came up. The guys spent 95% of their time golfing and the ladies visited and went shopping. It was Victoria Truscotts birthday and Levenworth is her favorite city to visit.:) So that was nice for her. As couples we went out to a couple of nice restaurants, visited and played 5 crowns. It was a nice time.
It was a fun week. When we go back again I would also take along with our golf clubs, bikes, games and books. I would also take our hiking boots. Anyone up for the adventure?

5 comments:

moxie mama said...

i'm glad you guys had alot of fun...and it was nice to have the house to ourselves for a week:)hah

The Buck's said...

Sounds like you both had a great time! I love Leavenworth!

Misty said...

Looks great! I want to go there again one of these years...

Devyn said...

It looks gorgerous there! Im glad you had such a fun time!! A whole week away.. those days will be fun, just you and your husband!!

Sharon said...

Leavenworth is a beautiful place, but I'm not sure I'd like to try it for a week! Give me the ocean!*S* I'm glad we were able to go up; we had a nice time. Thanks!