Thursday, June 12, 2008

Family Reunion at the Blue Mountain Lodge

Friday after Michael's graduation we took off for the Blue Mountain Lodge up by Tollgate, Oregon. It only took us 45 minutes to get there. The lodge was nice it had 6 bedrooms and about 14 or so beds, 3 1/2 bathrooms, a couple of large gathering areas and a kitchen. It was a really fun weekend. Here are some of the highlights.
Here's the lodge.


The dining table could fit our whole family. Here are some of us at the end of breakfast.


One of the first things we did was to go exploring by taking a walk. We found old old trucks, a pond and it looked like an old sawmill. Here is a picture of the walkers. Nathan and Sean are hiding behind someone and I took the picture.


The porch swing was fun to sit on. Did I tell you it was cold? If I didn't I'll tell you now. It was cold. :)


While we walking David got a scavenger hunt ready for the kids. They had fun taking turns reading and figuring out the clues and in the end Gabe was the one who found the treasure basket (maybe with a little help). :)
Thanks David!!!


Another one of the fun things we did was play shuffle board. We even had a tournament and Joshua became the Champion of the first "Johnson Shuffleboard tournament". It was alot of fun and everyone got in on the action except the babies.


This pair up here between April and Nathan was one of the close matches. Right April?
lol.


In this match up I'm not sure if either one scored any points. Gabe was having a lot of fun though.


Spectators were always close by rooting for their favorite. It was funny to watch the heads turn as the pucks were gliding back and forth on the table.


With this many people in our family we seem to always be celebrating someones birthday. We decided to combine several into one party and even threw in Father's day for Larry. It was Jill's actual birthday (Michael's girfriend), Sean's birthday, Nathan's birthday, Misty's birthday and father's day. My Birthday was also included.


I thought it would be fun to have a crossword puzzle competition. The family enjoyed it so much they want to do one every year. It was a crossword puzzle about individuals in the family. It was fun to hear them talk about what they thought the answer should be. I thought it would be really easy for them but it wasn't. Good thing Aria was on Papa J's team because he didn't know what April's first words were, she did.


The winning team consisted of David, Misty and Nathan. Good job guys!


The next day was a lot warmer than the previous and so the kids went out to play on the swing set.


Nathan got stuck up on the top and he wanted me to get him down. I told him I would go get someone big and strong. He asked me if I would get Uncle Joshua to get him down. That's who Nathan must think is the biggest and strongest in our family. lol


These are random pictures that I took up at the lodge. In the first one Mae and Jovie are having thier first little fight over the bottle. They both wanted it but they worked it out peacefully.


Walking along. I wonder what dad is telling everyone?


I love Mae's cute crinkle face smile. Don't you?


Rachel, Sean, Gabe and Mae on the walk.


Michael showing us how strong he is. Either that or showing off for Jill. LOL.


Larry and I love that the kids all like spending time together and want to do things like this. It's nice as parents to see that. We sure love our family!!! We missed Shannon though (Joshua's wife) she had a business trip. I have other fun pictures of our weekend but I had to stop somewhere. Misty, Rachel and April most likely will post about the weekend too so you can if you want check out their blogs and see more pictures and here more stories from their take on it.

8 comments:

Sandi said...

Linda you have such a great family! That looks like such a great place to go with plenty of room and fun things to do. It's so fun to see your kids all grown with kids of their own. They all look so good. I know it brings you a lot of joy! I love being in this stage of life, it is great! Love ya

Sharon said...

It looks like ya'll had a great time. Nice that all the kids could come and join in on the fun.

moxie mama said...

ok nathan and my match seriously was close! i had to make him cry in order to win...but we still gave him some points just not as many or he really would have beat me! also...i look so funny on the walk with my blanket dress! but i was just trying to keep me and jovie warm.

so much fun! i can't wait to go again!

Misty said...

April, you look hawt in that picture of you and Nathan! :)

It was such a fun weekend! I need to bust out some more of my pictures...

Misty said...

Oh, and Mom...your pictures are looking really good!

Devyn said...

The family and friends list thing where it shows how long ago they updated is new.. you go to customize and its one at the top.. does that make sense?? let me know if you cant figure it out!

The Buck's said...

We used to use that cabin for church youth group retreats...it was the best! Looks like everyone had a great time!

Teresa and Ben said...

That lodge is great! We went there once at a family gathering of my mom's family. We loved the shuffle board too! That is a great idea to make a crossword puzzle about the family.