Thursday, March 22, 2012

I Close My Eyes and All I See are Tree Branches

You know how when you go ice skating or roller skating and when you are done it still feels like you are skating. That sensation also happens to me when I do something for a long time and close my eyes I see whatever it was I was doing. Which a couple of weeks ago happened to be trees, lots and lots of trees. Every year it has to be done. I was waiting for Larry to do it but he had been so busy doing other things that I started and then like the energizer bunny kept on going. It took me 5 days to trim 20 fruit trees and 3 ornamental trees. 
But it is done and they are budding out as we speak.


I literally climb up into the trees because it's easier for me to reach most of the branches. I found a couple of birds nest. I should have marked the trees so I could see if the birds returned this year to lay eggs.


Larry likes to trim with the chain saw. So he came through after me and sawed off a few branches and then trimmed the 3 cherry trees with the chain saw. He had to clean them up after a bear last year got into one of the trees and twisted and broke some branches. Hopefully the bears will stay away since our chickens are free range chickens now.






No comments: