Thursday, December 1, 2011

Some of our garden bounty (October 2011)

It was getting near the end of harvest. The days were getting shorter and cooler. We were enjoying produce up to the first hard frost. I had got everything picked by then though. After all that hard work I didn't want to lose anything.

Our pumpkins. Each grandchild was able to have their own pumpkin. Plus we sent some to Michael and Emma and have some left over. Maybe next week I'll be able to make pumpkin seeds. I've been wanting to just haven't got to it yet.
The back row are Cinderella pumpkins, then Ghost pumpkins and the Jackolantern pumpkins are the orange ones in the front. The very front row are a couple of unripe pumpkins and a deformed looking Cinderella one. My favorite looking ones are the Cinderella. They had such a pretty colored skin.

A large harvest of Spaghetti and Butternut squash.

Egg plant grew finally. It took forever and went bad fast once picked so I won't be growing that next year. I did saute some up with zucchini and yellow squash. It's a pretty vegetable. Tasted good.


Cinderella pumpkins up close.


Ainsley loved eating the plums by the handful.


Plum fruit leather I made. It is really really tasty. First time I made it. Why didn't I think of it before?

We had so much cantaloupe that we couldn't get eaten before it went bad I decided to dry some. Everyone gave it a big thumbs up!

The beginning of the goat house Larry is building.



No comments: