Sunday, December 4, 2011

Goat house update

I thought I'd give an update on the progress of the goat house. When we first got them we had to put them in what was going to be the garden shed. 
Larry started building the goat shelter in October.

It worked on it pretty quick to not only get the goats out of the garden shed but a nice protected warm place in the winter for them where their water and food can go too. It's big enough for two goats. You can tell it's not quite done but it's functional for the winter. Larry put a nice sliding door on the front so we can close it for their protection if needed. It still needs painted and the side needs finished.

Eating their alfalfa pellets. Alfalfa pellets are so much better than the alfalfa grass I think because it is less messy and they don't waist as much. Also a big plus is I don't have to clean it up the waist off the ground.
Agnus is like "What you looking at?"


The chickens like to go into the goat house and forage for food. I wish they would stay out.

I am really liking the garden shed. It is a nice place to store the food, hay and garden tools. It's not finished yet because Larry wants to insulate it but it's usable.



Whenever I walk out into the front yard the goats and chickens get really excited. They think I'm bringing them food.  I took this picture of Agnus and Francis as I was holding up a bag of dried rolls. They wanted
them. They are looking at me like "pretty please."

I threw them out and chickens and goats alike got some.

I used to gather the eggs with an egg carton and I found a nice basket in the attic I was going to use but I couldn't bring myself to use it. But I didn't want to gather the eggs in the carton anymore because it was kind of flimsy. Little did Rachel know I wanted one of these but look what her and Sean got me for Christmathanks. The chickens need to lay a lot more eggs to fill it up but it's useful. In the summer we'll get more eggs. The white container in the back that looks like a garbage can is a compost holder the Misty and David gave me for Christmathanks. I use it to put the stuff in that I take out to the goats and chickens. It is quite handy and looks much better than the open bucket I was using in the sink.



No comments: