Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My Grandparents Christmas rope.

The Christmas rope in this jar is from my mother from many many Christmas's past. We would twist the green and red rope together and then we would hang it from corner to corner in the front room in a big X. Mom would then hang her Christmas cards on the ropes. If I remember right the ropes were her parents so that would make them really really old. In fact they fall apart if you touch them so I wanted to find a way to display them that would keep them safe. I found it! Their isn't much left but I love them.
Pretty special right?
Here are the ropes almost 50 years ago. Mom had them hanging in 2 different rooms at that time so she didn't twist them together.
Mom is standing in the room and I'm in the front holding some dolls.

A few sitting at the table and in this room the cards are hanging on it. My dad is sitting at the head of the table.
I have one of these for each of my children. You too get to have some of Grandma Jean's Christmas rope:)I love you!




2 comments:

moxie mama said...

that's different than i remember, and very cool looking

Rach said...

I like the old pictures of you and Gma Jean. I cant wait for my ornament.