Thursday, March 20, 2008

Time out For Women

Saturday morning my daughter Misty and I were at an event called Time out for Women. David was watching their kids and Gabe asked his dad where mommy was? He replied that she went to Time Out For Women. Nathan then wanted to know what all those women did that they had to stay in Time out for so long? Good question "What DID we do?

I was able to go up a day early before the event and spend some girl time with my friends Sharon Broadhead and Victoria Truscott. It was girl time as we had spontaneous make overs,shopping,dinner out and a quiet night in the hotel. This is an after makeover picture. LOL



Rachel came over on a break from the salon. It was nice to chat with her. She doesn't need a makeover:)




I was in Spokane and I have children and grandchildren living there so I took some "time out" from my time out and went to my grandson Nathan's Karate class. He did great! I was impressed. I have a short video but I haven't learned how to attach that to my blog yet.





The 2 day event of TOFW filled my head,heart and spirit pretty full. We were treated to inspirational music, talks and laughter. I need to go over all my notes so I don't forget what I learned. We were able to hear from Sheri Dew, Virginia Hinkley Pierce, Wendy Watson, Michael McLean, Chieko Okazaki, Hillary Weeks, Douglas Brinley, Mary Ellen Edmonds among several others. Here's a picture of us with Sheri Dew. We have visited with her at a couple of different TOFW's. It was fun to get a picture with her. We also had one taken with Virginia Hinckley Pierce but the gal who took it caught me talking.



My two friends only stayed for the Friday day seminar but my daughter Misty and a couple of her friends were able to go and so we finished out Friday night and Saturday together. Here we are wating for it to begin again. Misty is sooooo ready to have her baby girl. She is due the first part of May so she still has over a month to go. I enjoyed attending TOFW with her.



After TOFW I was able to spend time with my "families" that live in Spokane.
Aria,one of her friends, Gabe, Misty and I went to the much anticipated "Horton Hears a Who" Saturday night. Aria would call me every day to talk and we talked alot about going to see this movie:) It was a good movie. Rachel fixed everyone a yummy brunch Sunday after church, that was nice to have someone else cook (and clean). :) It was great to see and hold Mae again. She's getting so big. April and Matt drove up to Spokane to hang out with their sisters for the weekend and do some shopping so they were kind and were willing to drive me home Sunday. What great kids if I do say so myself:)


I was going over all my notes to leave one inspirational thought and it was difficult to pick one out so here are a few of the many...
* Peace come from being more Christlike. Peacemakers cultivate a Spirit of Optimism.
*The Lord has commanded us to avoid contention because contention draws us away from the Lord. The more you love the less you feel contention.
* The gospel of Jesus Christ is NOT insurance against pain, it is a resourse in the event of pain.
* Do we as women realize how much influence we have? Women are leaders of leaders. Who has more influence on a man then his wife or on a child than his mother.

4 comments:

The Mac Attack said...

Love it mom. Thanks for saying that I don't need a makeover! It was fun to see you this last weekend. See you soon can't waite.

moxie mama said...

your eyes look gorgeous after your makeover:) i love clinique! and you're welcome for the ride home.

Misty said...

Front shots of a pregnant woman are not the most flattering. lol. For videos, mom, just go to the video tab in photobucket and upload the video the same way you do pictures. I can show you tomorrow if you want.

Sandi said...

It looks like you had so much fun in Spokane, I wish I would of been able to go with you. I am jealous, it makes me remember all of the fun times we had going to Education Week. Also, love the notes, great reminder for me. Thanks