Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Great Grandma and Grandpa's Christmas

We held the annual bowling game. I did pretty good if I do say myself. Off to the church we went. There are too many of us to all be at Grandma's house so she reserves the church. There was vollyball, games, food, basketball and a Christmas Program to fill the night. We were able to have Michael be in the program singing Silent night and The First Noel thanks to David's talented computer skills. A Sister in one of his ward's on his mission has been taking pictures of Michael and his companion and putting them on her face book to share with us. She took a video of Michael and his companion singing. It was great! Michael is on the left. We had a great conversation with Michael on Christmas. We were able to talk for an hour. He sounds good and is learning and working hard.



Gwen read a touching story of the three trees of Christmas.



April sang I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day. It was very good. She has a beautiful voice. Someone came up to me after church on Sunday and said sitting in front of her and listening to her sing brought tears to their eyes several times.



Nathan sang a solo of Jingle Bells and did GREAT! Do you see the look of a proud momma in the back ground?



Cousins Jessica, Emily, Aria and Taylor sang a fun song of Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer for everyone.



We talked these men into singing for us. They did great! I love the sound of men's voices singing together.



They loved singing so much they talked the rest of the men into coming up and singing another song with them.



You can tell by the look of Great Grandpa and Grandma listening to the program that it was enjoyed.



I think the program was a hit and may even have more participation next year. This is the first year of not doing any type of gift exchange and the feed back I heard was that the program was even better.
Good food, good company, good fun, good show, lots of love, family. What else is there?

4 comments:

moxie mama said...

that's an awfully nice thing to say? who said it?

Jon and Maryanne said...

This was the first time that I have ever missed our family Christmas, it makes me sad! I'm so happy that everyone had a good time though! It always is!!! The program sounded awesome and I think it is a great idea! Tell Larry that we will have to make up our annual bowling competition next time I come down there! :)

Sandi said...

It looks like you had such a great time together. I remember April's voice from forever ago and it was beautiful then, I can only imagine that she sounds like an angel.

The Mac Attack said...

Oh April you are an Angel :) Sad we missed out but you all know it was for a good reason! Love to all.