Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas sweets

I don't know why but even though we have already had our Christmas "Christmathanks" on Thanksgiving I still feel the need to give my children and their families something for the actual Christmas. So I give them the Family Calendar that I make each year with the current years pictures,


A special letter (that I have yet to write) and candy that I've made.



Starting at the top left. Caramel chocolate covered pretzels with different toppings such as nuts, Oreo's, toffee, plain, mint. I made the preztles last year and Rachel shared them with one of her friends and all year he's been asking her when I was going to make them again. So I sent some in her box for him too. Yummy Ritz mints. Sugar cookies. Caramel, some I dip in chocolate and some I leave plain, some I turn into turtles and then dip them in chocolate. I wasn't quite done with those before I took the picture. On the tin foil are Peanut Butter cups that are really Peanut Butter squares. They tasted yummy but I've got a different recipe I'll use next time. Center plate is a harder caramel with nuts. I took some of the hard caramel with nuts to church to share with the Young single adults and they devoured it. :) It feels good when people enjoy something you've made or cooked.

2 comments:

Devyn said...

Yummy the candy looks so so good! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Misty said...

mmm, I can't wait to get my stuff from Rachel tomorrow!