Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Recipe for Rachel's Yuppie Smothered Burritos

I tried to recreate the Smothered Burritos that Rachel made Larry and I a few weeks ago. They were really good if I do say so myself. Rachel didn't have a name for them she said to call them Smothered Burrito's. So as Michael was eating them Matt said they were good and natural. Michael said so you mean Yuppie? and that's why we have named them Rachel's Yuppie Smothered Burritos's. Here are the pictures Rach. How did I do?
Instead of grilling up chicken we had a roasted chicken from Costco that I used.

-Can of Black Beans drained
-Cooked Rice
-Grilled Chicken, Steak or Pork seasoned with your favorite taco or fajita seasoning. I used a roasted chicken from Costco that I shredded. I sauted the veggies, then added the shredded chicken and seasoned it all with the taco seasoning. I then heated it through.
-Mexican Hot Sauce
-Chopped and saute the veggies in the same seasoning you used for the meat. (your choice of veggies...yellow, red or green peppers, Onions, Zucchini, carrots or whatever you want to saute and have in your burritos. I used red and yellow peppers, zucchini and onions.
-Sliced olives
-Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
-Shredded Chedder Cheese
-Large Burrito Tortilla Shells
-Red Enchilada and/or Green Enchilada Sauce



Assemble the burritos with all of the above ingredients to your taste. Pour the enchilada sauce inside. Fold the burrito how you like and pour sauce on top. Sprinkle with more cheese.
These are Rachel's actual words...
Cook @ 500 degrees for a while (watch it) until bubbly and then turn on the broiler and make the top crispy (again watch it).
Enjoy, they are yummy!
Before cooking.
 After cooking

They were a hit Rachel so thank you for sharing!

-I found a taco seasoning online that I like that I make here at home to use in this and our tacos. Here it is in case you want it.
1 tbl chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder (or dried onion flakes)
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes or 1/4 tsp ground chipotle chili pepper
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

In a small bowl, mix it all together and store in an airtight container.
Use 2 1/2 tbl for 1 pd. ground beef.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Yea, I am so excited you posted the receipe, it looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing.

Misty said...

It looks hard. But it looks so good I might try it someday. Then again, maybe not. None of my kids would eat it. *sigh*