Friday, August 29, 2008

Part 2 @ Gleneden Beach, Oregon

1/2 way during the vacation we drove down to Gleneden Beach which is just a few miles south of Lincoln City. For a year now I've wanted to do what I did in the next several pictures. The ovens are extreemly hot, over 2000 degrees. I also learned blowing the air into the tube when they say gentle is key to making a circular float. Mine turned out a little like a hot air balloon shape.




I decided that when ever we go down to the Lincoln City area I want to make another one. Maybe over time I'll learn to make a round one.
This was our view. Isn't it beautiful? We were very happy because not everyone at this resort gets a view of the ocean. We like this area better than Seaside. It was way less crowded.


We drove farther south around Newport and explored more tide pools. This tide pool area had different things than the last one we went to. See some of them...
(BTW if you want to see the picture larger just click on it and it should get bigger.)
Tons of muscles.


More hermit crabs.



This poor Starfish was half buried. I hope it got free when the tide came back.

Do you see the pretty pink corral and the purple Sea Urchins?


There were seals in the Ocean playing. Do you see the tail in the water? It was funny because quite a few of them were just bobbing up and down in the water watching us watch them.


These Seals have the same idea of a vacation that my daughter Rachel has. Which is laying back relaxing and enjoying the suns rays on her.


Do you remember on the last post when I said I was glad I didn't hold the Hermit crab after all? They look like spiders that breath under water.


I saw Michael sitting up on this rock and had to get a picture. What do you think? I even got the waves splashing up on the rock.


Above the tide pools their was a lighthouse. We toured the lighthouse also.




Looking down the lighthouse stairs. We found out that Jill is afraid of heights. Do you see her on the far right of the picture? She wouldn't get close to the edge. Poor girl.




We walked the beach behind the condo to see what we could find. We found pretty rocks, agates and Michael and Jill was literally combing the sand to find these really tiny shells.





WOW! DO YOU SEE WHAT I FOUND???


NOT!!! Gotcha... This is the glass float I made at the beginning of the post.
The week was fun, glad we went and we will be going back. It was nice to get to know Jill better,we like her and for those of you who know what I'm talking about... Michael is Edward.:)

2 comments:

Rach said...

thanks for sharing your vaca with us. That glass ball thing is pretty cool. And yeah Micheal is for sure Edward.

Sandi said...

So I am pretty sure you are just as anxious as I am these days. Hopefully both of will have the wait come to an end in the next couple of days. I am excited to have you share the news. Today is Wednesday any mail yet?