Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Beach at Seaside Oregon

Larry, Michael, Jill (Michael's girlfriend) and I went to the Oregon coast last week. The first part of the week we were at Seaside Oregon and the 2nd part we were at Gleneden Beach, Oregon. I want to share quite a few pictures so I'm posting this in two seperate post.
Seaside, Oregon
We arrived at Seaside after stopping in Portland at the Deseret Book store of course. The resort at Seaside is 8 stories high and we were on the 3rd floor. The view wasn't all that great but they are nice rooms.
These pictures show some of the things that we did in Seaside.
We drove to Long Beach Washington to attend the kite festival. It started raining after we got there and it was cold so not very many kites were flying but it was still cool.

This is just a silly picture posted for the grand kids.


See how wet I am. Needless to say we didn't stay long.



We drove down the road to Cannon Beach and went to a tide pool at Indian Beach. Their was some neat things to see.





Larry and Michael went farther into the Ocean then Jill or I wanted to go. It makes me nervous on not knowing how fast the tide comes back. I wouldn't want to get stranded. Or them for that matter. Michael trust his dad that he wouldn't lead him somewhere unsafe.




On the other side of the beach were some more tidepools and these weren't getting covered up as fast. Look at the fun things we found in them.
Michael and Jill exploring.



A baby crab. Isn't Papa J brave?


The bigger crabs were fast and would hide.


Papa J holding a Hermit crab. I wanted to hold one but didn't and I'm glad I didn't. The next post will have a picture of Hermit Crabs without their homes. Stay tuned.



Can you see the lighthouse out in the Ocean? I really like to look at lighthouses.
They stand lighting the way for Seaman to know where they are and their boundries. It reminds me of Jesus and how He lights the way and helps us to know where our path should be so we don't get lost.


As I told you we went to other side of the beach and Larry and Michael couldn't help themselves they had to see what was on the other side of the jutted out land. It took forever for them to get back. They wanted to see if they could find a glass float and had to wait for the water to go out so they could make their way back in short increments.


Larry and Michael skim boarded a little. I should say Michael skim boarded and Larry tried. I didn't try but Jill gave it one shot. Someone has to take the pictures you know.



These are the pictures from Seaside I'm sharing. Of course Larry and I got in a golf game. Jill and Michael shopped and looked for shells. We all went to a movie. Seaside is a busy place with lots of people. It was fun though and I'll post the next stop of our vacation tomorrow hopefully.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a really fun trip thanks again for letting me come!

P.S. our sand castle RULED!!!!

The Buck's said...

Sounds like you all had a great time! I am hoping to take the boys to the Oregon Coast next summer.

Anonymous said...

hi grandma i like the silly head picture it was prety silly i love you from aria xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo