Monday, July 12, 2010

The dress I made for April

I made this dress over 20 years ago for April and entered it into the fair and won a Judge's special recognition ribbon. I was soooo excited about that.
I saved it all these years in anticipation that one of April's little girls would wear it.
Here is April wearing the dress when she was 2 1/2.
Now I have some pictures of Jovie wearing the dress. She reminds me of someone from like Little House on the Prairie. I think she looks adorable in the dress. But alas the collar looks to much like the 80's I hear to my disappointment so I put the dress on her just to take pictures of her in it. But as you can tell she LOVED the dress and I had to bribe her with something to get it off her. So pretty!
She is posing for me. It's so cute!



Run, run you catch can't me I'm the Ginger Bread man. The cookie and Jovie have that little fact in common.
Gotta love it!

3 comments:

moxie mama said...

we look kinda the same :)

Jon and Maryanne said...

Very cute! I finally looked at your blog! With you guys going "private" I forgot to look at it since it doesn't show up as updated anymore. I will have to remember to look every once in a while! I love all the posts!!! Your Grandbabies are sooo cute!

Dave said...

you are very talented and creative. as i looked at the pictures of what i thought was april wearing the dress i thought "that looks just like jovie"

then i scrolled up to the top again and realized only the first picture was april.

thanks for the blog invite - keep creating!