Sunday, July 11, 2010

2010 Garden

I use my blog as one of the ways that I journal.  I know if any of you are reading this you knew that I blogged last years garden. Well I'm going to blog this years garden too. So bear with me. It's hard work and I want to record my success or failures but mainly my success:)
So here goes... We have a very productive Strawberry patch this year. As of todays date we have picked 95 pounds of strawberries. I have made jam, gave a bunch away to my girls, ate alot, made desserts, a couple of different fruit leather recipes, dried some and froze some. We are still picking strawberries.
This next picture is a corner shot that shows the strawberry patch. Larry, Jessica and I (yes, Larry helped me plant this year) had just got through planting. 
 
We have Tomato plants and some type of squash or pumpkin vine growing up out of our compost pile. Larry transplanted some and some are still growing in the compost. I'm going to let them grow just to see what happens. I hope there will be some tomato takers.

No comments: