Sunday, July 11, 2010

Chicken house beginnings

We are going to get chickens in the near future. We wanted a chicken coop that was going to last. Larry decided to have a concrete floor and make it big enough that we could have a garden shed on one side and a chicken coop on the other side. Dad asked Joshua to help us out since he knows so much about pouring concrete and does such a nice job. Joshua in turn asked Jake to come and help him. Jake is a friend of ours that we met through the YSA branch at church. What great work!

Larry even got in on the action.

Smoothing it all out. If anyone doesn't know this Joshua is a perfectionist. It shows in his work.
Ethan and I watching his daddy work. Go daddy!
We have lasting footprints of Jessica, Jovie, Ethan, Ainsley and even April got in on the action.
Joshua and Shannon helped to make sure no one fell in the cement. Whew!




Timeless and precious for always. I just wish all my grandchildren were here so I could have all 10 of their footprints. The next day Jovie was out there trying to put her hands in the cement too. So I will be getting those craft cement stepping stones and everyone's hands will be set in stone and hung on my patio wall to join Aria's and Nathan's that are already there. Nathan years ago asked the same thing Jovie did when he saw our hand prints in the sidewalk so his momma made the hand stepping stones for me. I've been waiting for the rest of the kids to make some of their kids hands but wait no more I shall:)
April, Jessica, Jovie, Ethan and Ainsley


No comments: