Sunday, November 11, 2012

Swing Set? Yes! No? Maybe?

How old is Nathan our oldest grandson? 11 1/2. For years and years we have told him that Papa J was going to build a swing set at our place. We've been waiting and waiting. One year for my birthday Larry drew me a set of plans for the swing set he was going to build and the top beam put into the barn.
6 or plus years later he has begun but the plans were changed. Still using the same beam for the swings.

By the way... Larry is really strong.

I helped!!! After he got the beam up as he was securing it I help a board under the beam praying that the beam wouldn't slip and fall on my head.

As I'm holding the beam up he is figuring out how to secure it in place.

Ropes and cinches worked.

The swing set is now going to be 2 or 3 swings hanging from the beam that is attached to a tree behind the house and the back of our house.

That's as far as we've gotten. It's winter now so we will wait to finish and I want real swings and chain not seats of carpet as was suggested. So when spring comes... Swing Set? Yes! 








No comments: