Sunday, November 11, 2012

Church History sites

Toni and I went on a little site seeing tour ourselves while Larry and Kal went golfing. 
We drove out to Ephraim Hanks place. The porch roof is slanted to get the full sun for drying fruits and vegetables. I am thankful for my food dehydrator that doesn't take days and days to dry the food.

One of the sitting rooms of his house.

The St. George tabernacle. I love circular staircases.



An old old chapel still in use today.

The Saints that first settled St. George were faithful and obedient. Their was only sweltering desert when they moved there. At first they felt it was only temporary but Brigham Young had them build the tabernacle so they could see how permanent of a place St. George was going to be. In fact he even himself a summer home in St. George.
It's a nice place to visit but it's too hot there in the summer to live for me.



No comments: