Thursday, March 31, 2011

Misty's baby shower or really a "Ladies Night Out"

This was like no other baby shower I've been too. Rachel and April organized and threw a baby shower for Misty. Misty is expecting her 5th baby. I'm looking forward to meeting Hyrum! Misty's friend Rebeccah let them have the shower at her house. The food and beverages were amazing. I did help out with that part... I didn't think to take a picture until we had already dug into it.

Misty received some nice gifts from her friends and family.
I was recording who gave Misty what and so I gave my camera to April to take pictures at the shower. I was looking through the pictures and came across this one. It never fails whenever I having April use my camera their is a self portrait of her on it. I get a kick out of it, it's cute. She said how else was she going to be in any pictures.
Misty opening the gifts I brought for her.
This blanket is one of them.
Another reason besides the food that this wasn't your typical baby shower was that their were no games played. But their was a couple of henna artist that would paint on you temporary art. Misty said that in a foreign culture (India maybe) that if a henna artist draws on your belly while your pregnant it means good luck and fortune for you and the baby.
April and Rachel with one of the artist.
Brian starting on Misty.
The big reveal of Misty's art.
The party started at 5:30 and ladies were still at the shower until 10:30. Did I say shower?
I meant ladies night out.

No comments: