Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Weekend fun at the beach

Ethan is loving the sand. It took him a few times of going to the beach but now he likes to play in it. This little guy is on mission and was very determined to follow it through. Where is that mission you ask. It's in the next picture.
That's right. The ocean.
Shannon, Jessica, Ethan and I took advantage of the sunny weather and walked along the beach in search of a sand dollar for Jessica. She had never found a sand dollar on the beach that wasn't broken. We walked and walked and walked. It's a clean beach in the sense that it doesn't really have any rocks or shells of any kind. After about an hour we finally found a sand dollar. Whew! We were so close to a light house that I wanted to continue. I don't believe it's a real light house but it is very cool. I could be wrong though.
Shannon got her exercise for the day carrying Ethan as he slept on her. She is taking a very deserved rest as I go check out the light house.
Ethan, Jessica and I took advantage of a fallen, washed out tree stump to rest on. It was a great time for a photo op with Ethan and Jessica.
Celebrate! Ethan turned 1!!! He's soooo excited. He sure loves his new toys and his cupcake.
Of course by the time it was over we realized we could have just given him the empty boxes and he'd be happy:)
He LOVES his birthday cup cake.
One of my favorite things is spending time with my kids and their families.

No comments: