Thursday, March 25, 2010

Helping Rachel out where needed.

I got to stay and help Rachel with what and where I was needed for 5 days or so. Fixed some meals, cleaned up some, held Owen, took care of  Mae ect.  It was fun to be able to play with Mae. Plus a bonus was having Misty's family living in the same town so I could spend time with them too. I'm so lucky:)
Mae and I got to do some fun things the week after Owen was born.
We got to go to the park.

We got to go on walks. As I was taking the picture Mae was telling me to get back there and push.
We got to go to Gabe's acting class performance where he was a dinosaur. A very good one at that.
I love the look of the lighting in this picture. You would think I knew what I was doing when I took this picture.
We got to go to Gabe and Clara's play group at a park by their house. Clara and Mae climbing.


We got to go to Gabe's kinder music class. In fact Owen and Rachel came too. We sat by Misty and her kids and Gabe sits on Misty's lap and puts his arm around Mae and tells his momma "I'm so happy Mae is here." Another story about Gabe that I love is the last couple of nights I stayed at Misty's  house instead of Rachel's house and when I went downstairs to say hi to the kids, Gabe smiles and says "It's Grandma J"  He runs over to me and gives me a big hug and says "I'm so glad you're here". He would also randomly run by and tell me that he loves me. What Grandma's heart wouldn't melt at that? Mine does.

Mae and Clara gets to play an instrument like Gabe.
We all got to get a treat afterwards. How fun was that? Lots!

Owen's first track meet at  4 days old. This little guy will be getting used to going and going and going like the energizer bunny. Sean is the head Cross Country Coach and Assistant Distance Coach for track, so I hope Owen likes to run:)
Rachel, Me, Owen  and Mae cheering on the team! Go Go Go!!! I could tell that the track is like a 2nd home to Mae because she had no qualms about going to the Coaches room to get grapes, bananas, apples, muffins, bagels and cream cheese. When we said "say cheese" for the picture she showed us the cream cheese that she put on her arm.
It was a good week and I'm glad that I was able to be able to help out.
If anyone was wondering... I LOVE MY FAMILY!!!

1 comment:

Rach said...

Sean is the head Cross Country Coach and asst. Distance coach for track. Not head track coach.

Im glad you got to spend time with Mae I know she had a blast.