Saturday, June 11, 2016

English Essay #1 - Love Letter to my Treadmill

I haven't had to write essays for over 35 years. I am actually enjoying my English class. I'm learning more now than I did then. I am enjoying the process of learning how to write better. I decided to post my essays I've written just for the fun of it. 
My Dearest Treadmill,
     Our relationship is one that will last for miles and miles. I appreciate that you are there waiting for me each day I need you. You are willing to go on a walk whenever I want, and I appreciate that you give me so much of your time. It could be raining, snowing, or one hundred degrees outside but you make me feel safe. The view I get to admire through the windows while I walk, of the meandering creek, the tall evergreen trees, the forest critters, and the birds rejuvenates my soul.
     I love so many things about you, your wide belt with traction that keeps my tennis shoes from slipping, the color of black you wear looks good on you and doesn’t clash with anything I choose to wear, also when I get too hot your fan will cool me off. You even let me choose whether to have it on high or low. Your willingness to let me take our relationship fast or slow lets me know you want what is best for me. On the days I play with my friend, Blue Bicycle, you don’t get upset with me. I love you all the more for that.
     My heart broke a couple of years ago when you left me. You thought I was using and abusing you. You were broken and refused to be with me. I felt awful. I researched with the treadmill doctors to see why you wouldn’t run for me. It was a miracle, but I found the part needed to bring you back to me. When it showed up at the doorstep it didn’t take long until our relationship was repaired. I was so grateful you forgave me.
     I am a better person because of you. You relieve my stress, and I am happier. I know you will help me to live longer. I treasure my moments with you so much that my mornings are scheduled around our time together. Let’s go the distance babe. When your power is turned on, your belt starts, and my feet get moving, my heart beats for you in a true musical harmony of love.

With Love, Linda

No comments: