Sunday, October 18, 2015

Day 5 - Stayed on Orcas Island and Played in the Rain

We woke up to hearing the rain patter on the roof. Larry and I had already decided that today we were going to stay on Orcas Island and do something different. We stayed in the condo for most of the morning doing homework waiting out the rain and finally decided to go to Eastsound’s Chamber of Commerce to get information about Moran State park hiking trails. 
Larry may be starting a new fashion trend. ??? Warm leggings under shorts for men. ???


I’ve had my eye on a pumpkin muffin at the Brown Bear Baking in Eastsound that I wanted to try so I got one and it was another great tasting thing we found. It had a cream cheese filling which was a wonderful surprise. We got two more to share before the week was over.


Baking yumminess.


We drove to Moran State Park and checked out what trails we will hike on Friday. It was still raining and misty so the mountain view was limited. We are hoping for clear weather on Friday.

We had to get the golf fix in for the week so we went to golf Orcas Golf. It is a really compact 9 hole course. It is also currently golf on the honor system. There is a little box to put your money in. And yes it was still raining so we golfed in the misty rain. I got a little bit wet I must say. I must love my husband to golf in the rain. Oh wait… I guess he must love me to bike 44 miles and counting.

I don't know if it's like this all year but the course is on an honor system.


Me. In. The. Rain. Before. We. Start.


It's a pretty compact short 9 hole golf course. 




This is cute. The snacks and drinks are on the honor system too. But it was empty this time of year.


Did I mention we were golfing in the rain? I wonder if we could change the words to instead of Singing in the Rain to Golfing in the Rain?


For dinner we treated ourselves to the great tasting pizza we had at Portofina Pizza earlier in the week. Enjoying the company, enjoying the place, enjoying the food, enjoying the activities. We’re doing good!

No comments: