Monday, November 11, 2013

Simply...my mom.

As days come along in a year that bring certain memories and emotions you realize how grateful you are to have had the chance to live those moments. The good and the bad. They are what made you who you are. You can take your life and live with regret of the memories of the sorrow and anger or you can take your life and live with the opportunities to grow and develop into the kind of person God would have you become. The kind of person who of course isn't perfect but will try to forgive others, serve God, family, friends and fellow man.
My mom was such a person. Her life was not an easy one from the time she was born to when she died. She taught me how to work, and work some more, she taught me how to serve and give to others when you yourself had nothing, she taught me how to look past the outside of people and see their heart and love them anyway, she taught me how to love camping, she taught me how to fry chicken and make a mean potato salad, she taught me how to make do with not much, she taught me how to love even when you felt the person didn't deserve to be loved even when they took so much from you, she wasn't perfect, she was my girl scout leader, she was my mom. Today 8 years ago she died, tomorrow she would have celebrated her 89th birthday. Love you and miss you mom. P.S. Mom, sorry about making such a fuss about your snappy, nipping, barking little chihuahua's. I understand now. I have a little dog of my own.

No comments: