Monday, January 21, 2013

My Neighborhood Graveyard

The hills, valleys and trees are all frosted over around our place and is very beautiful. Cold but beautiful.
I wanted to take a walk up the hill through a plowed under wheat field to take pictures of an old graveyard. I recruited Larry to come with me so we bundled up in warm clothes and coats and went on a little hike.
The grave markers were from the early 1800's to the middle 1800's and were scattered over an area. No rhyme or reason to the burying it looked like. Quite a few of the markers were knocked over and destroyed.
The marker was for a 3 year old and 4 year old. People that lived back then didn't live very long. I'm grateful for knowledge that we have today to take care of ourselves.
She seems to be watching over the valley.
A view from the graveyard. I love this picture of the old barn.
Larry nice and bundled up. It's around 22 degrees give or take a couple of degrees.
I'm in the middle of the graveyard looking up to the top of the wheat field.
On our way back down the hill to the truck. It was a beautiful view.
Our home road curving into a white wonderland.

At first I thought it sad that these people were buried up in a remote area where they seemed all alone but then I remembered that they are not there.They are in the spirit world and when the time comes for them to return to their bodies they'll know where to come to get them and they will no longer be up on that hill. 
But until then it's a peaceful sort of place to be.








No comments: