Tuesday, May 12, 2009

An unusual visitor in the house

The Hummingbirds are back and right now we are at the high season of visitors. I've started making a gallon of food for them about every other day and am needing to fill the feeders every day or every other day depending on the size. I have 4 feeders up and am thinking about putting up another one. Today I was taking the feeder down by the back door to bring in to refill and the little birds wouldn't quit feeding. I was holding the feeder and as soon as all the birds were off I quickly brought it in. Buuutttt one little bird followed the feeder in. She went straight up to the high window. I had to pull a Gabe to get her down.


I couldn't let this picture opportunity pass me by. She patiently waited for me while I got my camera ready.


I decided to see if she would let me pick her up.


She was catching her breath before she flew off.


She flew right to the feeder. I understand the saying if someone is frustrated that their feathers are ruffled. I think she was frustrated see her ruffled feathers.


I'm sorry she had to have that experience but it was cool to hold her in my hands.

3 comments:

Misty said...

Awesome! I've never seen one hold still like that!

moxie mama said...

did she crash into the window?
that's fun you got to hold her!

Misty said...

Nathan says "mmm"

Apparently he takes after dad.