Thursday, April 30, 2009

Nostalgic feelings all because of fishing

Watching your children be a parent to their children is one of the most rewarding things as a parent I believe. Watching them in the teaching moments, the caring, the loving, the patience and discipline of their children and realizing that this parent was once your child and you were the one performing these same acts for them because you loved them so much and still do. I believe one of the things we wish, at least for me, is that my children will do a better job than Larry and I did, as I hopefully did a better job than my parents, and so on down the line. Our children are terrific parents. Larry and I are so thankful to be the parents of amazing adults and the grand parents of terrific children.
Last Sunday we had Joshua, Shannon, Jessica, April and Jovie over for dinner. After dinner we went on a short walk behind the house. Papa J went a found some fishing poles so Jessica could try her hand at fishing in the creek. As I watched Joshua help her hold the pole and the look on his face as he was showing her how to cast along with the concentrated effort on her part I remembered watching Larry show Joshua and our other children fishing. Father to son, father to daughter, mother to son, mother to daughter and so it goes. The circle of learning, the circle of life.




This was Jovie's first good look at the Creek. She loved it. She kept trying to get in.


Her momma had a good hand on her so she wouldn't fall. She was participating in one of the favorite activities to do by the creek...


Throw the rocks in, you know their isn't enough rocks in the creek to begin with. We need more and more rocks.


I really think one of the reasons the kids love their Papa J so much is the adventure they get to do while he is watching them. lol.


Success!


These next three pictures tell a story, look closely.
Cool mom I want to see what that is. Wow, a fish. Can I touch it?


Sure you can touch it. Oh gross you did touch the fish! Quick where's the sanitizer???


Gross? If you say so mommy. Ick!


The times we spend together as families is one of the greatest things we can do. The memories are made, the service, the learning, the caring, the loving, the patience given, the disciplining. Pass it down. We are family, we are strong!
Happy Mother's day to Misty, Rachel, April and Shannon.

2 comments:

Devyn said...

fun! your kids have a great mom to measure up to! love the pics of jovie and the fish. i would also freak.. yuck. :) i guess im just a city girl (like april used to always call me)

Misty said...

Thanks, Mom! Love you too!